Toastmasters International Facts
Toastmasters international is a non-profit organisation that teaches communication and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs. The organisation currently has more than 292,000 members in approximately 14,350 clubs in 122 countries. Since its founding in October 1924, by Ralph C. Smedley in Santa Ana, California, the organisation has helped more than 4 million people lead and communicate with poise and confidence. Today, organisations around the world recognise the value of incorporating Toastmasters training to help people improve their communication and leadership skills.
KickStart Cairns Toastmasters was developed with Leaders in mind, and has been formulated to appeal to existing and future leaders of Cairns.
We meet for Breakfast on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday mornings (6.45am to 8.30am) at the Function Room from the Botanic Gardens Visitors Centre. Behind the
Tank sixty four Coffee Shop - Visitors Centre - formerly known as Wild Bean.
Toastmasters Clubs assist members to improve their communication, listening, negotiation and thinking skills, in a way that makes them stand out from the crowd in their chosen career. Good communicators are strong speakers and excellent listeners as well as compassionate evaluators. Imagine how useful these skills could be in your career and personal relationships.
Not everybody is interested in becoming a champion public speaker, in fact only a few Toastmasters actually take on the challenge to compete.
There is only one way to find out if Toastmasters is for you, and that is to come to a few of our meetings and see for yourself.
- Clearer communication – improve speaking, listening & thinking abilities
- Improve leadership skills
- Discover hidden capabilities & bring latent talents into use
- Obtain & expand vision of the role of communication
- Better teamwork
- Increase self-esteem through active participation in personal development
- Increase productivity – unlimited opportunities for advancement based on improved skills & expanded experience
- Positive mentoring
- Complements existing training programs – professionally prepared educational materials & resources on speaking, listening, discussion, parliamentary procedure, audio-visual techniques, conference & meeting procedures